Hotel Imperial**** was re-opened in June in 2003. Our guests enjoy the cozy and centuries old milieu in business class rooms with luxurious furnishings.
The hotel building is from 1877. It was erected against the city wall which is a late phenomenon in historical tradition. In the contemporary organization of the city it was strategically important from the perspective of protecting the city to leave a free space between the city wall and the buildings. The first data about the dwellings being built against the city wall states 17th century when the city wall started to lose its strategic importance over the bastions. No extensive reconstruction has been done in the building, but throughout times an attempt has been made to preserve everything historically valuable. On the second half of the 19th century, the building was owned by family von Stackelbergs.
In 1919 hotel and restaurant Imperial were opened. In hotel were 13 rooms. The biggest fans of the hotel were Finnish volunteer soldiers who were sent to Tallinn by the headquarters of Estonian Relief Organization in connection with the end of the war. It was the time when in Imperial was full of dancing and singing. The merry times were over when part of the Soviet-Russian embassy moved to the hotel after a year. In 1924 Imperial was the famous dancing place in Tallinn city. In evenings popular girls’ orchestra performed. During Soviet times the hotel took the name “Balti”. Until 1980, in ground floor of the building was a beer restaurant.